Hey guys, I am back to my blog with a totally different topic this time.Talking about fashion can get little boring sometimes so let’s talk about a more exciting topic which is close to everyone’s heart, sorry Stomach.Can you guess what is it?
“There is no sincerer love than the love of food.” ~ George Bernard Shaw.
Do you agree? I do.To tell you the truth, I am a big foodie and food is the way to my heart , of course except fashion.But can I say the same about cooking? Not really..sigh…
And for a person like me who is not so fond of cooking ,what makes cooking more challenging is to think about what to make for dinner every night.Secondly I am not a big fan of grocery shopping either.I would rather utilize that time doing window shopping at the Menlo Park Mall.
EveryPlate meal kit
So here comes the EveryPlate meal kit to my rescue.The EveryPlate meal kit is a budget meal kit that comes weekly to your doorstep with everything you need to make dinner for 3/4/5 nights.No planning,no grocery shopping but still homemade healthy and delicious dinner, does it sound too good to be true? At first I thought so before trying this meal kit.
So how does it work
You can go to their website and select a plan based on whether you need it for 2 or 4 people .Dinner for 2 has the option of selecting whether you need it for weekly 3,4 or 5 days. Dinner for 4 has the option of selecting only thrice a week.You can always check the weekly menu to see that particular week’s recipes.So once you choose your option and sign up, a box full of all the fresh ingredients along with the recipe card with all the steps clearly laid out is delivered to your door step.
I chose dinner for 2 for 3 nights and received three delicious yet simple recipes of Tangy Mustard BBQ Chicken, Caramelized veggie Pasta bake,Zesty Shrimp Linguine. I could make each of them on an average of 50-60 mins including a prep time of 10-15 mins and cooking time of 40-45 min.I must say, the meals came out really well. Now let me highlight the advantages and disadvantages quickly.
- It’s convenient and hassle free as you don’t need to plan the ingredients to make a dish or plan something and find out that half of the ingredients are missing in your fridge .Saves time from grocery shopping too.
- They share simple dishes with all the steps clearly laid out on the recipe card which is very easy to follow for beginners too.
- The ingredients stay fresh in transit as their specially designed boxes come packed with insulating liners, ice packs, and cooling material to ensure everything arrives the way it should.
- Definitely much healthier than takeaway food as the ingredients are fresh and food is homemade.
- EveryPlate is affordable and cost effective than other meal kits as they focus more on simple ingredients and less packaging,nothing too fancy.
- The only disadvantage I can think of is the cooking time took me a little over an hour as contrary to 45 mins as mentioned in the recipe card. Though that might be because Of my not so excellent culinary skills.
Also I would like to highlight one more thing that, I am not the right person to compare EveryPlate with any other meal kit services available in market as I have not tried any.So this was my sole experience of trying a meal kit and it was definitely a pleasant one.
So by now you might be thinking that the convenience of a delicious meal kit delivered to your front door is going to be expensive , but contrary to that when I say affordable,it’s actually very affordable especially if you use my code “REALSUDIPA30” you can get 18 meals for just $3.33 each by clicking this link: https://bit.ly/2K4Le9r
Disclosure: I received a sample (as described above) to conduct my review for this blog post. All opinions expressed in this post are truthful and solely mine.